Tuesday, September 18, 2012

UKAg Roundup: The Senior Perspective



UK's #SeeBlue Door of Opportunity

Throughout last week, a busy bustle stirred around the College of Agriculture as students, faculty, community leaders, and alumni gathered to celebrate our annual event, Roundup.  This event is a time for fellowship for those with a passion for the University of Kentucky and the College of Agriculture.  Reunions are held where memories will be shared and new students will enter our facilities to see where new memories will be made.   

As a senior this year, I have taken a step back to cherish each moment of this event and to soak up the prestige and family atmosphere that runs deep throughout the college.  Whether it be hanging out with a professor that was teaching me in a classroom setting earlier that morning, quizzing an alumni member to find out how campus has changed, spending quality time with my peers, or eating delicious food,  this is an experience and a place that I am so proud to say that I am a part of.  Being able to communicate with so many people that you may have never met before, but share the same since of pride with, creates an instant bond and is overall personally rewarding.  As students, we are so fortunate to have an opportunity such as this to network with others in a laid back and fun atmosphere.  I challenge each and every student within the college to participate in Roundup in the years to come and to reap the benefits whether small or large.   

Overall, I look forward to returning each year as an alumni member to reminisce and to sing the fight song just as I do now.  For others, I hope you get to experience the same feelings and excitements when it comes to the College of Agriculture that I do and always continue to SeeBlue.  Go CATS!    

  

Sara Kate is a senior studying Food Science.  She is from Hickman, KY.  Sara Kate is member of Alpha Delta Pi & an Ag Ambassador.   

  

1 comment:

  1. Even though this year was my last year as a student at RoundUp, I can't wait to come back as an alumni every year to see how things have changed!

    ReplyDelete